200 Hour Program Approved by Yoga Alliance of 45 Wednesday Evenings. Starts January 29, 2020.
Meets 6-10pm with a dinner break. with Richard Schachtel.
This training is limited to only 25 students and we have students in our 2 current Evening Teacher Training Courses attending from Bellevue, Sammamish, and eastern suburbs, Tacoma, Everett, Lynnwood, & Whidbey Island, as well as Seattle. We have over 140 recent graduates of this 200 hour course! Please Register Now to Secure your spot in the training.
This 200 Hour Course is Approved By Yoga Alliance.
The training is for those wanting to teach yoga, for those wanting to learn more to develop a personal yoga practice, for those currently teaching who wish to develop their skills in learning the highly acclaimed Iyengar Method of Practice and Teaching.
Richard Schachtel is Seattle's most experienced yoga teacher trainer. He has taught special classes for those wanting to be trained to teach yoga since 1986.
He has trained yoga teachers not only in Washington State but teachers from around the US, Canada, Europe, and Asia in his immersion yoga teacher trainings help several times each year in Seattle, and in Goa India each Winter.
Richard is The founder of The Center For Yoga of Seattle (1980) and continues to serve as its Director.
He has trained 23 times in India with BKS Iyengar, author of Light on Yoga and numerous books, and with Geeta Iyengar, author of Yoga: a Gem For Women, most recently in December 2017.
Richard has taught yoga in Seattle since 1975 and has given workshops in Iyengar Yoga throughout the US and has taught Yoga in China, Australia, and India.
The Training is a Great Mix of Practice: learning the theory and practice of Iyengar Yoga with Yoga Philosophy, Anatomy for Yoga, Teaching Methodology, Practice Teaching and More.
We are Proud of Our Track Record in Offering These High Quality Courses to students from the entire Seattle Metro Region. Our last Wednesday Evening Teacher Training started in September 2018 and finished on August 7, 2019. Last Year's Tuesday Evening Teacher Training began February 6, 2018 and met 45 consecutive weeks and finished on December 11,2018! We have a current Tuesday Evening Training Which started in May of this year and has met 28 Consecutive Weeks and is scheduled to finish early by April 2020.
Alignment Yoga Teacher Training in the tradition of BKS Iyengar
$999 SPECIAL RATE THROUGH SUNDAY, JANUARY 26TH, 2019 AT MIDNIGHT Pacific Standard Time $3,450 Regular Fee! This Option includes 4 Free Make-ups During The Training And For a 1-Year Period After The Training Ends at Select Other Evening, Weekend and Daytime Teacher Training Classes There is Also an Unlimited Make-Up Option for $1,199(Recommended for Most People)That Includes Unlimited Make-Ups During The Training And For a 1-Year Period After The Training Ends at Select Other Evening, Weekend and Daytime Teacher Training Classes.This Also Ends Sunday Night There is also a payment plan option to take the $3,450 course for $1998 by making 12 monthly payments of $166.50.AVAILABLE TO JANUARY 26TH, AT MIDNIGHT. There is a tab below to register using this option.
ONLY 4 SPACES AT THIS RATE. Regular Fee $3,450
WHY THIS TRAINING IS SPECIAL?:
- You are getting training in the Gold Standard of Yoga Systems:Iyengar Style Hatha Yoga. This method emphasizing precision of alignment in every pose is miles above the usual fare in modern yoga classes. You will learn the fundamentals of learning to work with a wide variety of yoga students
- The format of meeting almost every week where you can grow your yoga practice and become more confident in your understanding of what is important to practice and How to practice appropriately. You are getting training in the Gold Standard of Yoga Systems:Iyengar Style Hatha Yoga. This method emphasizing precision of alignment in every pose, and poses done with vitality and life!This method is miles above the usual fare in modern yoga classes. You will learn the fundamentals of learning to work with a wide variety of yoga students
- You will learn how to use props intelligently which can help to make yoga more accessible
- You are getting trained by Seattle's Most Experienced Yoga Teacher Trainer with over 30 years of training Yoga Teachers
- Regardless of what style of yoga you choose to teach, training in this Alignment/Precision Method of Yoga will make your teaching much more effective and powerful.This training will give you a basis for a lifetime of beneficial yoga practice and successful teaching.
I chose the Center for Yoga and Richard Schachtel for my very first 200 hr yoga teacher certification, and I couldn't be happier with my choice! As a dedicated student of yoga for eight years, my desire for an experienced, wise and senior teacher in an alignment-based practice drove my decision.
Richard is extremely knowledgeable, and he keeps control of his classes so that you are always learning--about every body type, every prop, and you're encouraged to explore what different modifications and props do for you.
I've left this training prepared to begin working with ANY type of body and ANY level of ability, which was my goal.
However, I've also left this training having discovered such an invaluable resource and teacher in Richard that I'm committed to continuing to study with him both to further my own practice and to also continually deepen my understanding of yoga in the Iyengar tradition.
I have chosen to teach yoga to others and share the joy of this self-healing practice, and I'm incredibly grateful to be learning so much from Richard that I can then pass on to my students.
Tara King Whiteside
August 18, 2018
Tara took the 4-Week Immersion 200 Hour Training in July 2018