200HR Yoga Teacher Training in Goa India with Richard Schachtel E-RYT-500 HR Yoga Teacher
Director The Center For Yoga of Seattle
Yoga Alliance Approved Training
When: November 3-30, 2017
Where: The Yoga Shala at Artjuna [Anjuna, Goa India]
Program Begins 10:30am November 3rd and Concludes at 7:30pm November 30th
It's been 9 years since Richard gave an immersion 200 HR Yoga Teacher Training in Goa India and this years training will be a huge step up from having the training in a platform yoga studio to a Fully Equipped Spacious Iyengar Yoga Studio in Anjuna!
Primitive platform yoga studios without proper walls are common in Goa and we waited many years in which to have a course with the proper studio in which to hold our classes. The Yoga Shala has Wall Mounted Ropes, Chairs, Bolsters, a Backbending Bench, Halsana Stools, Non Skid Mats, Blankets, Straps, and much more in which to properly practice Iyengar Yoga.
We are holding the course in the tourist off-season where lodging costs are considerably down. Clean adequate lodging can be had for $15 per day or less for 1-2 persons. For those wanting attractive lodging with more amenities, there are beautiful guest houses and hotels in the range of $40-$60 per night for 1-2 persons including breakfast.
In choosing a Yoga Teacher Training in Goa or any tropical location, ask yourself the following questions:
Beware of yoga teacher trainings which aim to teach a variety of different yoga styles. These are invariable superficial, and you don't get much depth with studying any one of these types.
What you are getting in this training is an immersion in BKS Iyengar Yoga, one of the most respected yoga traditions in the world. If you want to be a yoga teacher who wants to be able to work with a wide variety of yoga students, the study of this form of yoga is invaluable. Many senior teachers of other traditions have extensively studied Iyengar Yoga and use it in their courses and personal yoga practice
If you are interested in learning and experiencing one of the most influential yoga systems taught by an experienced yoga teacher traininer, this might be for you.
If you want and can afford a lovely hotel or guest house, you will have this option.
If you are on a budget and need to watch you funds, this training provided you sign up Early and book affordable accomodations gives you the option of having a relatively inexpensive Tropical Teacher Training.
Who The Training is for:
- Those who would like to develop a strong and individualized personal yoga practice
- Those who have a practice and would like some guidance on how to deepen their personal practice
- Those who are intersted in learning more about the History, Development, and Various Main Branches of Yoga and it's Philosophy
- Those wanting to learn more about Anatomy for Yoga
- Those wanting to get immersed in learning more about The Iyengar Method of Yoga
- Those wanting to learn how to use props in yoga practice & teaching
- Those currently teaching who want to add more precision and alignment into their teaching
- Those who want to get started in developing teaching skill so that they can teach safely with confidence
- Those who just want to be in an immersive learning environment who want to learn as much as possible about Yoga in General and Iyengar Yoga in particular.
The Instructor, Richard Schachtel has been teaching since 1975. Initially a student of Sivananda Yoga (and certified as a teacher of sivananda yoga), Richard has been studying Iyengar Yoga since 1976. He is one of the first Americans to become Certified in Iyengar Yoga in 1984. Richard has been giving yoga teacher training since 1986.
He has over 100 graduates of his Yoga Alliance Approved Teacher Training & In-Depth Studies Courses in the past several years. He gives 1 year teacher training courses at his studio in Seattle, Washington USA, and several 4 week immersion courses each year. Richard is the founder and Director of The Center For Yoga of Seattle.
Here are some of the poses he will be covering this November:
- Mountain Pose
- Tree Pose
- Extended Triangle
- Revolving Triangle
- Extended Lateral Angle
- Revolving Side Angle
- Warriors 1,2,3
- Half Moon
- Intense Side Stretch
- Spread Foot Intense Pose
- Big Toe Pose
- Intense Stretch Pose
- Hero Pose & Mountain Pose in Hero
- Easy Pose & Mountain Pose in Easy Pose
- Pose of the Powers
- Lotus Pose
- Stick Pose
- Head of the Knee Pose
- Intense Stretch of the West Side of the Body
- 3 Part Face to 1 Leg
- Marichi Asana 1
- Seated Angle Pose and Side Seated Angle Pose
- Marichi Asana 3
- Half Lord of The Fishes Version 1
- 2 Legged Inverted Staff Pose with Chair
- Upward Dog
- Upward Facing Bow
- Bow Pose
- Camel Pose
- Cobra Pose
- Locust Pose
- Shoulderstand and many variations
- Full Arm Balance
- Forearm Balance
- Corpse Pose
- Supported Bridge
- Inverted Lake Pose
- Side Plank
- Shoulder Piercing Pose
- Crane Pose
and probably more than this!