NONE ARE SCHEDULED
Sample Teacher Training Class, Info Session and Q and A is for those interested in one of our upcoming 200-hour teacher trainings, OR our 1-year Yoga Practitioner Training Courses (no extensive Theory, Methodology, Philosophy or Anatomy in the Practitioner Training). *PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP IF YOU ARE ALREADY REGISTERED FOR A TEACHER TRAINING IN OUR PROGRAM SO THAT EACH SPACE IS AVAILABLE FOR STUDENTS WHO ARE INTERESTED IN JOINING A NEW COURSE*.
If you've been considering a 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training, now is the time to find out more.
- Our Next Evening 1 Year Teacher Training starts on March 4th on Wednesday Nights 6-10pm
- The 1 Year Tuesday Morning Teacher Teacher Training Starts on February 25th and meets 10am-2pm weekly
- The 1 Year Weekend Teacher Teacher Training Starts on APRIL 18 2020 and meets 1-7pm
- 8th Annual Spring 4-Week Immersion 200 HR Yoga Teacher Training March 2-28, 2020
- 14TH Annual Summer 4-Week Immersion Teacher Training July, 2020
- Bring your yoga clothes and your questions!
Our Yoga Practitioner Trainings Meet on Wednesday Evenings from 6-8pm starting on March 4th, and on Tuesday Mornings starting on February 25th from 10am-12noon.
Find out why Iyengar Yoga Alignment is the Gold Standard of Yoga Systems.
Experience teacher training from Seattle's most experienced yoga teacher trainer.
Some of the Hallmarks of Iyengar Yoga are:
- 1. The emphasis on precision of alignment in every pose.
- 2. The specific and creative use of props that can help to individualize the practice to each student.
- 3. The important feedback on practice that is given by well-trained competent teachers.
- 4. Well structured sequences that help the student to progress and to gain awareness.
- 5. Emphasis on developing the ability to work and stay in the poses in order to gain real benefit as compared to classes which are too fast to experience the full benefit of each pose and do not allow enough time to make adjustments and corrections.
- 6. The emphasis on practicing a full-range of poses including the highly important inverted poses which are sadly not taught at"gym yoga" classes.
Please sign up early and arrive early for the class!
Richard Schachtel has been training yoga teachers in Seattle since 1986. Over 140 recent graduates are approved by Yoga Alliance. He has taught throughout the US, in India, China, and Australia.
**For those simply wanting to find out about Iyengar Yoga, please see the Trial Iyengar Yoga Classes offered each month for $24. Richard teaches fundamentals classes every Thursday Night 6:00pm-7:30pm AND Friday Morning 11:15am-12:45pm that you can drop-in on for $24.